Subject Re: EXTCOMBOBOX
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:45:34 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-09-15 4:30 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> I am using EXTCOMBOBOX for 2 consecustive objects CBM and CBN. In the execution of events when we move from CBM to CBN  it occurs in the following manner
>
> CBN.when
>
> CBM.onchage
>
> How can we make the execution to the following sequence
>
> CBM.onchange
>
> CBN.when

You can't change the order in which events fire. They fire because
something specific happened.  If it happens, the event fires. :-)

Before you can move from a control dBASE has to check to see if the next
control can accept focus.  The when event handler decides if the target
control can accept focus so the when event for the CBN control fires
before focus actually leaves CBM.  The act of leaving CBM can (and will)
trigger events for CBM after CBN when has fired.

In any case CBM onChange should fire immediately you select a new entry
in CBM whether you move to a new control or not.  onChange will fire for
each item as you scroll down the list. onChangeCommitted, on the other
hand, will only fire if you click on the item or press enter.
onChangeCommited doesn't fire if you scroll down to an item and then
press tab.  This could cause problems. :-(