Subject Re: Google Drive as a file sever
From edward racht <e.racht@gmail.com>
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 13:53:43 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I don't understand this discussion.

When I started with the cloud, I had a cool idea of having dBASE
development files on the cloud and things blew up - particularly between
computers.  Duplicate files, which one is the latest change, why is this
happening? etc.

I now have the files in OneDrive on the computer as development files
synced to the OneDrive in the cloud.  Syncing becomes important as
Mervyn explains because moving too fast between your own computers will
again end up with - which one has the correct latest changes.

GoogleDrive works the same way for me as does the others.

Is this not what the dBASE Corporate folks do?

I haven't read Ken's guidance in his latest books for multiple users
accessing the files at the same time in the cloud.

ed