Subject Re: Google Drive as a file sever
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 13 Sep 2019 12:00:28 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 13/09/2019 11:29, Yiannis H. Economides wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am testing Google Drive as a file server for dbase applications.
>
> I have installed an application called ExpanDrive which what it does it provides an easy way to map any floder in my google drive.
>
> Then I changed in my application the setup for where are my data files.
>
> It seems that any attempt to access any dbf file fails because dbase CAN NOT FIND the files.
>
> Any ideas please ?
> Anyone tried this ?
>
> Regards
>
> Yiannis

Good morning Yiannis,

I would not recommend Google Drive for placing live data.

I had tried development in a google drive folder but all sorts of error
related to files started cropping up and almost all were linked to root
cause of Google drive uploading even the smallest updates and while file
was being uploaded it was not accessible.

As for your current issue I have no idea as I have never installed my
app using a installer.

It could be BDE alias not being updated also.

Regards
Akshat