Subject Re: Font Selection
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Thu, 5 Sep 2019 21:08:33 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/5/2019 6:35 PM, Ivan Benttini wrote:
> I have 25.000 records to change different last names records to different types of BOLD fonts base upon their salaries, will be easiest to this programmatically then for me to go into the table and change the property of every record on the field name Last name ( lna ), sorry for my lock of good English in not explain to you all's understanding, my fault.
>
> The user with the help of a pushbutton event change that, since as salary will continue to change the font name and type will change also.
>
> Not my saying or doing but this was the request of the CFO to my boss, I am just the peon bit of programmer here, trying to do a voluntary work for this voluntary hospital that takes care mental ill people too poor to go to better facilities where they have better software planing.
> If you stop helping me, I don't known how to resolve that,
> that is all I am saying.  I thank you for your free and kind time that you have spend with me, never the less, even after purchase your books I still struggling to date in just going thru the English and then concept,
> , not because of your writing talent but for my poor English skill.
>
> Have a nice weekend sir.

Do you need these on the screen, or in a report? You can set a condition
that says "if the salary is > than some amount" (or less than or equal
to) then change the fontBold property ... I am still not sure why you
are trying to store this in the table. It doesn't make any sense.

Is it truly necessary to store some method of making the name bold in
the data itself?

If you have multiple conditions, you may want to use colors, or
something ... you could do:

do case
    case salary > 5000
    and so on ...

endcase

So lay out the details. What *EXACTLY* do you need? I think trying to
put it in the table is the wrong approach.

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm