Subject Re: how to activate sounds in dBasePlus programatically
From Enrique Orellana Gutierrez <eorellana.intelitec@gmail.com>
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2019 17:11:11 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Enrique Orellana Gutierrez Wrote:

> Ivan Benttini Wrote:
>
> > how to activate sounds in dBasePlus programmatically
> >
> > After get a head ache looking on dBase help file, and finding nothing to help me, here I am asking for help...
> >
> > My needs:
> > 1) I would like per example when a particular form Opens a sound to be produced to alert the user.
> >
> > 2) When a particular message open a sound to be produced to alert the user.
> >

> > And of course because I work for a non-profit organization, we never have the money to update to dBase Plus 10 yet and God knowns when it will be.
> > I am using win 7 pro and of course dBasePlus V 2.80
> >
> > Any suggestions or a snip of code ?
> >
> > Many Thanks in advance.
> > Ivan Benttini

Hello Ivan.
There is an old command that is valid until dBase Plus 11 (which I have):
SET BELL TO [<frequency expN>, <duration expN>]

<frequency expN>

The frequency of the bell tone in cycles per second, which must be an integer from 37 to 32,767, inclusive.

<duration expN>

The duration of the bell tone in milliseconds, which must be an integer from 1 to 2000 (two seconds), inclusive.

Example 1
set bell to 2000,500
? chr (7)

Example 2