Subject Re: extcombobox
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Sun, 18 Aug 2019 16:59:07 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-08-18 3:58 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> Although I am using extcombobox , I never realized there is event onChangeCancel. Can anybody explain to this is used. All I am using onChangecommitted it works great. Only one issue, after selection is made and popup closes you need to press ENTER before TAB key to move to next object. Can we avoid pressing ENTER key.
>
> Best Regards
> Mustansir

Have a look at the combobox class in the help file for details about the
onChangeCancel event.

If you are using extcombobox with its restrictToList property set true
you can simply create an onLostFocus event handler to deal with the
selected value when the extcombobox loses focus.

If you select the onLostfocus event in the Inspector and click on the
Spanner button you will be asked if you want to overwrite the existing
method.  Answer yes and add the code to deal with the selected value in
the skeleton event handler. If you are working with the restrictToList
property set false you will need to call the event handler in the .cc
file.

    function EXTCOMBOBOX1_onLostFocus()
       extcombobox::onLostFocus()  //add this if restrictToList is false
       form.entryfield1.value = this.value //or whatever needs to be done
       return

Mervyn.