Subject Re: user procs in dbase 2.8 windows 10
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sat, 17 Aug 2019 21:37:41 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 8/17/2019 7:29 PM, Bill S wrote:
> Using dBASE 2.8
> I have a .prg file of my most-used procedures in the dBASE\PLUS\bin\dBLCore\Startup folder so that it's always available. On my Windows 7 machine, I have never had a problem editing and then recompiling this file.
> But I recently upgraded to Windows 10, and now I am unable to edit this file at all, I get an error message saying it is locked. I am logged on as Administrator and I have all permissions in the File Properties.

The folders under Program Files are locked files under Windows 10 (and
Windows 8 and ...).

Suggest you put it somewhere else on the computer, create a folder for
your own code, and get used to using Source Code Aliases ... this is how
the dUFLP works, and it works great. I also for my own apps have folders
for sets of code, again using Source Code Aliases, and they work fine.
But they are not stored under the Program Files folder structure in
Windows.

The first chapters of The dBASE Book go into a huge amount of detail
about this kind of thing ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm