Subject Re: dBAse 11 Exec.ini Files
From Norman Snowden <duluth@msn.com>
Date Wed, 17 Jul 2019 10:43:55 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Ken Mayer Wrote:

> On 7/16/2019 8:40 PM, Norman Snowden wrote:
> > Ken Mayer Wrote:

> >> Add some code in the startup routine of your application and recompile it:
> >>
> >> msgbox( "ini file: " + _app.iniFile )
> >>
> >> This will give you the exact path ... by default dBASE Plus 8 and later
> >> uses the Windows UAC for storing files, and that includes using the user
> >> folders and more.
> >
> > Thanks Ken,
> >
> > The path given was  ini file:c:\users\N\AppData\Local\dBASE\Plus 11\Bin\Plus.ini
> >
> > I had to omit the beginning ini file: portion. Windows would not accept that part. After removing ini file: Note Pad  produced the  ini file.
> >

> The text displayed was just so you knew what you were looking at ...
>
> Ken

Follow up:
Thanks, Ken and Akshat.

As you advised this did bring up the Exe.ini file

I was able to Edit it and change the Command Window from Open=0 to Open=1
Great! This did allow the Command Window to appear in the Exe version when I opened it.

However, I can't seem to access the folder which holds the Exe version ini file. I would like to right Click it under Property and Change the ini file to Read Only.

This will allow the Command Window to reappear after the Exe is reopened if it is inadvertenly Closed.

If you have a suggestion as to how to follow the Path to this Folder I would appreciate it.

(The Command Window will avoid having to use an Editor. The Function involved provides only temporary information so a Report is not practical)

Thanks for any further comment,
Norman