Subject Re: Can't run reports from form
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Sun, 14 Jul 2019 22:11:52 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 7/14/2019 4:21 PM, Ruth Bromer wrote:
> So, I never saw 'set procedure to :dUFLP:preview.wfm' in any of the
> forms.  I do have the setup.prg execute it every so often.
>
> I just did some testing.  First I got out of dBase and then back in.  I
> went straight to the form, and it couldn't execute the reports.  Then I
> ran the setup.prg and the reports worked.  I also tried entering the
> 'Set procedure' statement directly into the form without running
> setup.prg and that worked as well.
>
>  From what I remember long, long ago, I think I'm supposed to run the
> start.prg which I think runs the setup.prg and the menu form.
>
> So, I just modified the start.prg to reference the 2019 project.  when I
> executed it, it seemed to work but then I got the following message:
>
> Error: Class does not exist: ARDF2019::ARDF2019
> FIle: GenericMDIApp.cc
> Routine: GENERICDMIAPP::OPEN
> Line: 47
>
> Line 47 is: &c.  T
>
> That is after
>
>     Function Open
>        // set a reference to the menu
>        private c
>        c = 'this.rootMenu = new
> '+this.MenuClassName+'(_app.framewin,"Root")'
>        &c.

This is what is called "macro expansion". In the line above it, you are
building a command that includes variables and so on. Then the line in
question says to expand it all out and execute it. It's a cool, but odd
way of handling some things and can save a lot of frustration in some cases.

Now, it seems to be having an issue with the fact that it can't find
ARDF2019, so check to see if you're missing something in the start or
setup programs, and so on. I don't know your application at all, but it
seems to be based on the generic structure that's been out there for a
while in tutorials, and more.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm