Subject Re: Is there a limit for # of fields in IF statement
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Mon, 8 Jul 2019 10:59:30 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) packet2.zip

On 2019-07-07 11:57 PM, Ruth Bromer wrote:
> Thanks to you and Ken for telling me about fieldname.  That did it.  I
> understand the substr command now.  And I figured out that I had to go
> by 2's because of the t-shirt fee.  Some of the things in the input .csv
> are rather annoying and totally unnecessary for me but are generally
> needed for an orienteering national meet.  ARDF is under the
> jurisdiction of amateur radio even though it is really more like
> orienteering.

The .csv file is a monster but dBASE can tame it. :-)  I see from the
website that entries have already more than doubled.

The attached create_packet_table2.prg uses packet2.prg to create
tshirt.dbf.  tshirt.dbf is then populated from competitor.dbf

> So now I have the 'packet2' table created.  I will try to modify my
> 'packet' report with this table as input.  I think that all of the data
> that I need to print except for the shirts can be in a header for each
> competitor like you did on your test report.  I have no problem listing
> all competitions whether the person is doing it or not.
>
> In trying to copy your code, the biggest issue I think right now is that
> you are in metric and I'm using inches on the report.  I'll let you know
> how it goes.

Sorry.  I'm so used to using A4 paper I didn't think to change the
metric.

The attached packet2.rep has been created using 8" x 11" as the paper
size.  If your paper is a different size you will need to adjust the
positions of the streamframes.

The report will print details for two competitors side by side in
landscape mode.

There are no fields for Blind class and Bind start times in competitor.dbf.

As the tshirt fees are included in the TotalFee field I haven't included
them in the report.  You can, of course, include them if they are needed.

You will need to add suitable headings on the pagetemplate.

Mervyn.