Subject Re: Default Value for a Table field
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Mon, 24 Jun 2019 23:01:03 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-06-24 6:24 PM, Mustansir Ghor wrote:
> Dear All
>
> We can set default value for BOOLEAN and NUMERIC fields. How do we set it for CHARACTER field
>
> Regards
> Mustansir

Open the table in the Table designer.  Select the character field. In
the Inspector set the required default value and press Enter.  If you
don't press Enter the value isn't accepted.

While you can set the default value to anything it is more usual to use
a space.  This will prevent a null value in an empty field.   Whether
you use one space or many spaces as the default the field will be filled
with spaces if you don't enter a different value.

With localSQL CREATE TABLE does not set a default.  It has to be done in
the Table designer.

Mervyn.