Subject Re: Programs and SQL's won't work
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2019 22:42:53 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-06-21 10:23 PM, Ruth Bromer wrote:
> I think I've got it.
>
> Ruth Bromer Wrote:
>
>> I created a Thunderbird account and put the web address for the news.dbase.com. under the Newsgroups tab.  I have no idea how to access the group.

The next thing is to subscribe to the test newsgroup and see if you can
send and receive messages.  Right click on the account in the lefthand
panel and select Subscribe.  Select the newsgroups you are interested
in.  Thunderbird will offer to download a number of messages depending
on settings you made when creating the account.  Accept (or change) the
number and Thunderbird will download the messages.

Once the messages have been downloaded you can either read them all or
rightclick on the newsgroup in the lefthand panel and select Mark all as
read.  You can, of course, actually go back and read them later if you wish.

Rightclick on the account in the lefthand panel and select Settings for
this account in the main panel.  Select Synchronization &Storage and
click the Select newsgroups for offline use and mark any newsgroups you
want to be able to read offline.

Remember to use the Write option in the menu bar to start a new thread
and the Follow Up button (NOT the Reply button) to reply to a newsgroup
message.

Please take the time to delete quoted material form you replies which
isn't actually relevant to your reply.

Mervyn.