Subject Re: Programs and SQL's won't work
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Fri, 21 Jun 2019 17:21:40 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-06-21 3:40 PM, Ruth Bromer wrote:

> How do I enter the BDE alias?  I see where to do it.  What I mean is what do I type in?  The project name is ss2010.prj .  Is that what I enter and then the path to it?

The BDE alias does not need to be entered in the .prj file.  The alias
is used in your .wfm, .prg and .rep files to tell dBASE where to look
for the .dbf files.

Fairly detailed instructions on how to create a User BDE Alias were in
the message you replied to.

I normally remove second level quotes from messages to reduce clutter
but this time I'll leave the instructions so that I don't have to retype
them. :-)

>> The first thing to do is create a User BDE Alias for your project so
>> that dBASE knows where to look for your tables.
>>
>>   From the Properties menu select Desktop Properties or, as Lew has
>> suggested,  type SET in the Command Panel.  Select the User BDE Alias
>> tab.  Use the little left an right buttons if the tabs isn't visible.
>>
>> Enter an alias for you database.  Overwrite anything already there.
>> Leave the driver as DBASE.  Enter the path for your tables folder in the
>> Options space or use the "pencil" button to browse for it.  Click on the
>> Add button.

After you have created the User BDE Alias you can start using it in your
code.

Mervyn