Subject Re: Tutorial
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Thu, 16 May 2019 17:34:39 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-05-16 3:53 PM, Laurie ALVEY wrote:
> Perhaps I file does not existt's me but I can't open any of the dbasetutorial formsI  usually get, for example, customer.dbf does not exist. Also I have to type stuff twice in the command window for it to execute.
> I've told Kathy In Tech support about this.
> Please help. I'm getting nowhere.
> Laurie

The tutorial was written by dBASE users Ken Mayer and Michael Nuwer and
is not supplied or supported by dBase LLC although it can be downloaded
from their website.

There is a separate newsgroup on the dBASE newsserver dedicated to the
tutorial and that is the best place to get help.

It is important to install the tutorial EXACTLY as described at the
start of the tutorial.  If you do this dBASE should find all the forms
and tables without a problem.  It is also important to follow the
tutorial without skipping anything.  The tutorial is carefully
structured so that each section builds on what has gone before.

dBASE itself has changed dramatically since the tutorial was first
written so you should always mention which version of dBASE you are
using when you ask for help.

It is strange that commands work if they are entered a second time.  It
will help us understand what is happening if you could give some
examples of the commands you had to enter twice.  Were the commands
simply ignored the first time or did you receive any messages?

Mervyn.