Subject Re: Apache 2.4 on Win Server 2019
From David Ball <No.SPAM@All.com>
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 17:00:17 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Well, just contact the webmaster like it says at the bottom lol.

Okay, so you are using Server 2019 as your development platform. And you are
running your dBASE web applications in c:\apache24\htdocs.

When you reinstalled PlusRun, did you change any of the paths?

What we want to do is find out where PlusRun.exe is looking for the BDE
configuration.

At this point, I will confess my lack of mastery of this subject. It's only
when I got to the nitty-gritty that I realize that theory is great, but I'm
going to actually have to get my hands dirty here. And probably do things in
a cumbersome way, and I will be called out by someone who actually knows
this stuff better than I do, and they will show us all how it's supposed to
be done lol.

First we need to make sure we are looking at the correct IDAPI.CFG file.
That's what the BDE calls it's configuration file. I found 3 of them on this
machine.
I went to a Server 2019 that I have running. I am not impressed with the
desktop search - it could not find IDAPI.CFG (the BDE configuration file),
but I was able to find it manually, where it gets put by default:
C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Borland\BDE
I note that the file date for IDAPI.CFG is April 22, 2019.
Then I started the BDE Administrator; it should show up on your start menu
somewhere. If it got lost in the reinstall, you can find the file with
explorer and run it directly. If it's not there at all, then we have a new
and different problem.
I assume you are comfortable with using the BDE.
I created a new database, put in a location, and ... you want to have that
IDAPI.CFG explorer window open, and show file details so you see the file
date ... then save the BDE changes (Object / Apply on the menu). When I did
that, I watched the file date of the IDAPI.CFG and it changed to the current
date/time right before my eyes. Now I am sure that I am looking at the
correct IDAPI.CFG file. It is easily possible to have multiple versions of
IDAPI.CFG and I want to be sure I'm looking at the one in use. What we have
done here is verify that manually. If you make a change, save it and the
file date does not change, then we are not looking at the right IDAPI.CFG
(or Explorer is not updating in real-time, press F5 to refresh the window if
it does not update when you save the change.)
Assuming that you are looking at the right file:
While we're here at the BDE, let's go for it. Are there any databases other
than the one you created? Is there a DBASESAMPLES database? I assume that
the uninstaller would clean those up, but you never know. If there isn't
one, please create it, set the location you want, and apply the changes.
IDAPI.CFG file date should update again.
We can't guarantee that runtime is using that file yet, but at this point,
you might want to run the app again and see if we've found the correct BDE
config file. Full version may have been using a configuration under your
user account (and it had all the default databases), but when it was
uninstalled, you are now looking at the generic default IDAPI.CFG and we've
added the database that was not found previously by the runtime.

I will leave things at this point for now.

Please let us know what happens.

Thanks
David

"Wayne Zimmerman"  wrote in message news:hQ4UVa2BVHA.700@ip-AC1E04A7...

ok, I uninstalled the full version and installed the runtime and getting the
same error. See attached file.

Wayne Zimmerman