Subject Re: Apache 2.4 on Win Server 2019
From David Ball <No.SPAM@All.com>
Date Fri, 10 May 2019 13:54:10 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Wayne

Thanks for the additional information.

> Should I uninstall the full dbase plus and reinstall only the runtime?

Good question. Under most circumstances, you would want to have dBASE and
all of your development stuff on a capable development machine at work/home;
the server would normally only get what it needs - the runtime and BDE. I
don't know your circumstances but you may want to have a look at that. It's
very convenient having the full version right there, but it can be a
security risk and then there are the licensing issues. It's also safer to do
your testing on the development machine - in case anything goes horribly
wrong, you don't want all your production data hosed. Upload stuff to the
server only after it runs okay on the development machine (which means you
need to set up Apache on your home machine).
If you don't really need the full program there, I would say to remove it
and reinstall the runtime. The runtime install includes an install of the
BDE, so hopefully it may overwrite any registry/ini file stuff that is
currently causing trouble. I am being optimistic here, and my apologies if
this does not solve your issue. If it's still not working afterwards, then
we can try to find what configuration files the dBASE runtime is using.

Thanks
David Ball
www.dBASEHost.com

"Wayne Zimmerman"  wrote in message news:eMKIvG1BVHA.700@ip-AC1E04A7...

David wrote, It's good that your dBASE code is running, at least. It's
possible that
dBASE running under Apache can't find the 'correct' BDE configuration file,
the one with all the good database information. Is your Windows Server 2019
running in a shared hosting environment perhaps?

Should I uninstall the full dbase plus and reunstall only the runtime?

Wayne Zimmerman