Subject Re: Apache 2.2 on Win Server 2019
From David Ball <No.SPAM@All.com>
Date Thu, 9 May 2019 19:52:14 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Wayne

I need a few more details, please.

I'm not sure if you are talking about 2 different machines here or if
everything is installed on the one running Windows Server 2019.

If it's all on one machine, you would have:
Windows Server 2019
Apache 2.2
dBASE 12.3 full install
BDE
(It's just a little unusual to see a dBASE full install on a server;
normally that's where you would install the dBASE Runtime.)

If it's 2 separate machines, can you tell me what is installed where please?

It's good that your dBASE code is running, at least. It's possible that
dBASE running under Apache can't find the 'correct' BDE configuration file,
the one with all the good database information. Is your Windows Server 2019
running in a shared hosting environment perhaps?

Thanks
David Ball
www.dBASEHost.com

"Wayne Zimmerman"  wrote in message news:HGG#nUDBVHA.1864@ip-AC1E04A7...

I can open the dbase 12.3 dev app.and open any and all of my databases. But
when I run the web server I get and error when it try to open the database.

Error: Unknown database name: DBASESAMPLES

See code below:

Why cann't the Apache web server not open the database?

Code:
TRY  // Error trap entire CGI applet.

   ////// Create new instance of the Web Class

   SET PROCEDURE TO WebClass.cc ADDITIVE
   oCGI = new CGISession()
   oCGI.Connect()

THEBASE1 = new DATABASE()