Subject Re: IMPORTING CSV file
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Fri, 12 Apr 2019 09:13:11 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-04-11 8:22 PM, Lee Grant wrote:

> I mean, once a upon a time I could create an application framework with
> just the command "Create Application".  Now I'm trying to see how to do
> this without it crashing. :)

"Once upon a time..." is how all good fairy stories begin. :-)

It needs a little bit more than "Create Application" as one needs to be
able to create the necessary datamodule but dBASE now includes dmC.R.U.D
(TM) which will create an EXE file of a rudimentary "Create, Read,
Update and Delete" application.

A lot of work must have gone into creating dmC.R.U.D but I'm afraid I
don't like it.  As it creates an EXE file one can deploy the application
with the dBASE runtime.  I would, however, hesitate to supply such a
rudimentary program to a paying customer.  I could, however, see a
programmer creating a "quick and dirty" application for "own use".

While a .wfm file is created one can't change it in the designer so one
can't add features to the application.

One can't use the wizard to change an existing application it has
created.  Any change means redoing the application from scratch.