Subject Re: number of bde clients (48) seems restrrictive (no users)
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 9 Apr 2019 09:14:51 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 4/9/2019 9:11 AM, Tony McGuinness wrote:
> The number of bde clients (48) seems a little restrictive.
>
> I presume a bde client is a connection to bde

Well, it's simultaneous access, the odds are that at any one time in
most cases not everyone is actually accessing the data via the BDE. Read
a record, then they are probably reviewing it, editing it -- but that's
all local. When they hit save (or navigate and auto save, etc.) then
it's access. Read a record (navigate) is access.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm