Subject Re: Server setup
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Sat, 23 Mar 2019 11:13:43 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Until recently I did the same.
We even have an entire scheme to "mark" the objects internally with a
version number and date rather than rely on the file date.
Recently I abandoned with this approach because we just have too many DEO
objects and checking easy one and copying locally got to be too slow.
Now we just use the program version, recording it on the server and each
workstation on startup makes sure they are using the newest program version.
It actually take less time for us just to copy everything locally than
checking each individual DEO object.
Smaller programs are efficient enough to compare individual files as you
have found. It’s a great approach.
Rich...

"Juan Pedro>"  wrote in message news:30V1yYW4UHA.700@ip-AC1E04A7...

In fact, when working with DEO, the best results are obtained with locally
copied DEO objects.
To combine the advantage of having the DEO objects in network with the speed
of the local DEO objects, we can create a DEO store in the server and the
local EXEs, when they start, compare their local objects with those of the
warehouse incorporating the differences between the network store and local
objects always starting with the latest version of the program.

Juan