Subject Re: character string problem
From Akshat Kapoor <>
Date Tue, 19 Mar 2019 11:43:01 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 19/03/2019 01:22, Charlie wrote:
> Hi Mervyn.. OK thanks very much for your help.  I really appreciate it.  I think this is now under control.
> I am having one problem that I think I will have to figure out by myself.  If I go into mysql (mariadb) and import from there, I get around 3000 more records than if I update using the php program I developed.  No idea if it is additional records that aren't just perfect or possibly my code.
> I'm just happy that it is now functional!  Three days ago I wasn't able to upload anything to the remote server, so I am happy.  I also won money today on the golf course.  Really good day! :)

I have used mariaDB in the past with php and am using mariaDB with plus 12.

Something similar to file object is there in php also. If everything
fails then opt in for .sql route. It is the safest.

I have been importing and exporting data regularly from a remote
location using this option for the past 3 months. But with a slight
difference. Both locations have windows computer and exports are shared
using dropbox.

And this method works without a flaw.

With php on a linux server you will probably be required to use the file
object to execute the query one by one.