Subject Re: Wizard generated form - data input
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 11:08:43 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-03-16 6:36 PM, Kent G Jarvis wrote:
> I am new to DBase. All of my forms have a huge problem with the data input fields. They are not disabled, but when I select any input field, the text cursor moves to the left end of the field. When I type in the field, no characters are typed in the field, any of the form fields!
>

> I have re-installed, created the table and form, all with the same result. Same with a custom form. What in the world is going on?
>

> Any help would be sincerely appreciated

If you are new to dBASE you should consider working through the Tutorial
available from Ken Mayer's website.
http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm

While you are visiting Ken's website you should also download a copy of
the dUFLP. (dBASE Users Function Library Project)  This contains about
1000 pieces of useful code which have been shared by users over the
years.  Life it too sort to have to continually re-invent the wheel. :-)
  Instructions on how to install the library are on the website.

The tutorial is designed to take you from the absolute basics to more
advanced features in a structured manner.  The more you learn, the fewer
questions you will need to ask.  You will, of course, still always be
able to get help here if you do get stuck.

The wizards are like training wheels on a bicycle.  They serve a useful
purpose but the sooner you get rid of them the sooner you learn to ride
the bicycle properly. :-)

Mervyn.