Subject Re: character string problem
From Charlie <tm@tc.com>
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 03:38:27 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Oh boy.. I had meant to paste the line in but must have forgotten to.

I am at the point where I was able to get the entire table imported after around a half hour of deleting double quotes.

But  the code you gave me is working as there are fewer instances.

It seems like the problem happened mainly at the very end of the row of the field.  It happened much more in the title field than the au_desc row.

It made no sense to me as it looked like this (from memory):

"blah blah blah\""

I would have to delete one of the double quotes and it was OK.  Most of the rows were corrected and looked like this i think:

"blah blah blah\"

So  I'm not sure if i am supposed to be able to see the \.

I do plan on updating the page fairly frequently so it would be nice to find a resolve.  Now that it works I'd like to leave it there for a while for testing but I may well go through the correction process again to try to figure out more of what is happening if needed.

So if you would like an idea of what it looks like it is at traincity.com/guide.php and is working although isn't finished yet.

Thanks so much for any help.