Subject Re: Wizard generated form - data input
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Sun, 17 Mar 2019 01:06:38 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Kent,

> I am new to DBase. All of my forms have a huge problem with the data input fields. They are not disabled, but when I select any input field, the text cursor moves to the left end of the field. When I type in the field, no characters are typed in the field, any of the form fields!
>

> I have re-installed, created the table and form, all with the same result. Same with a custom form. What in the world is going on?

I assume your entryfields are datalinked, since you mention tables that
you created. Does this behaviour change when you remove the datalink
from one field, for example?
A simple reason could be, that if you have only just created the table
without adding a row afterwards, then you would need to issue a
rowset.beginAppend() in your form before you can enter any data. That
would explain this behaviour perfectly.

Anyway, you should provide some more information, like:

What tables / databases you are working with, DBF or SQL-databases, like
Firebird or MySQL?
Is the form's rowset read-only?
If your table already contains data - are the field values displayed in
the (datalinked?) fields?

Can you show the code of the form and the structure of the table in
question?

Kind regards, Heinz