Subject Re: Virtulizing Dbase software from local to web
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Wed, 13 Mar 2019 18:17:08 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 13/03/2019 17:11, Michael wrote:
> I agree 100% Mark. I am in a similar position but with DBASE I cannot keep up to the web advances and button textures, transparancy and  functions used in most modern windows software.
>
> I am too a little dissillusioned with dbase as I have mountains of software and code and it just isnt economically viable to convert. Also, the graphical and features are also heavily code intensive to use produce or simply not there.
>
> I hope a solution comes to market, I hope that someone has one somewhere.

I had developed a software for my own use using foxpro for dos and
converted to foxpro for windows with bare minimum changes.
This started in mid 90's

After initial development just made necessary changes to keep the app
afloat.

3 - 4 years ago I restarted computer programming. Learnt php but was not
happy with it. Wanted something which could match the flexibility of dbf
files.

Then downloaded c# and had barely started with it when found plus 10.
Started on the steep learning curve.

By the time I realised that BDE is obsolete I was too far in development
to change platform. I switched over to a back end database system but
have not changed to any other development platform.

I also want app to be web compliant but display on web is totally
different. And would be damn difficult to switch to and fro.

Would certainly prefer a more advanced dBase and even if no more
advancements are there would certainly want dBase without bugs and
complete functional features.

Fortunately of unfortunately I do not have the time or inclination to
redevelop my app on a new platform.

Regards
Akshat