Subject Re: Virtulizing Dbase software from local to web
From Mark <nospam@nospam.com>
Date Sat, 09 Mar 2019 17:37:47 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Thanks for looking into this Rich. It would be downright incredible.

Like others - maybe many - I have massive Plus app supported for years. Regular requests from users now to run on the Web. I know Dbase has tools for this, but conversion would take at least a year if not longer.

This option would allow my app to continue for many more years. Instead, am losing out to other Web apps even tho they do not have even half the features, all because they run on the Web. Has me looking into other databases at this point.

Likely Dbase would like us to use their other tools, but my guess is this is just not practical for their long-time supporters like me.

I hope some progress is made here, and even that Dbase considers what this would mean for retaining clients. An old adage - it is 10 times more expensive to get new clients than retain current clients.

Hope they hear this, and thanks again for your efforts.

Mark