Subject Re: REPORTVIEWER Error
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Thu, 7 Feb 2019 07:55:45 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-02-06 10:20 PM, Norman Snowden wrote:
> REPORTVIEWER Error
>
> Under the subject: “Command Pane Not visible” on Jan, 26, 2019 at 7:12 Mervyn posted Code for a Report as an alternate solution to my Command Pane problem. The Report code successfully created a Table “Results.dbf and fully loaded the new Table with Fields and ended with a do View_results.wfm
>
> On Jan, 26 at 7:18 Mervyn Posted the remaining Code that created the Report and Code for the View_results.wfm. All is Okay except as shown below for part of the REPORTVIEWER Code when I run the View_resuts.wfm
> //
> This.REPORTVIEWER1 = new REPORTVIEWER(this)
> with(THIS.REPORTVIEWER1)
>        Height = 17.5
>        Left = 5.0
>        Top = 1.5
>         width = 87.0
>        Filename = “view_results.rep”    // I get ” Error, illegal file name”
> endwith
> //
> Except for this Error everything works. Mervyn, with this limited information can you  or someone see what is wrong?
> Thanks, Norman

Something strange here.  I see quotes around the file name (which is the
correct way to specify the file name as pointed out by Heinz) but in
Heinz's reply the quotes don't appear.

If the reportviewer can't find a file it reports "Illegal file name"
which is rather misleading.  A better option would be "File not found".
The name "view_results.rep" is perfectly legal.

Did the example form I posted previously work with the "nonsense"
view_results.rep report I included?

You reported that you were able to successfully create a report showing
the output from your program.  To view the report created by your
program make sure that the report is named view_results.rep i.e no typo
:-) and view_results.wfm is in the same folder.  If they are not in the
same folder you will need to add the path to the file name in
view_results.wfm.

Mervyn.