Subject Re: REPORTVIEWER Error
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Wed, 6 Feb 2019 22:41:10 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Norman,

> This.REPORTVIEWER1 = new REPORTVIEWER(this)
> with(THIS.REPORTVIEWER1)
>        Height = 17.5
>        Left = 5.0
>        Top = 1.5
>         width = 87.0
>        Filename = “view_results.rep”    // I get ” Error, illegal file name”
> endwith
> //
> Except for this Error everything works. Mervyn, with this limited information can you  or someone see what is wrong?

The file name must be enclosed in string delimiters, like

Filename = “"view_results.rep"

Otherwise, view_results.rep is seen as a variable, which is not declared.
Perhaps you need to provide the complete path to the REP file, for example

Filename = "c:\mydir\myreports\“view_results.rep"

if your report file is not located in the current directory.

Just my 2 cents, hope I could help ...

Kind regards, Heinz