Subject Re: Records missing from table
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2019 13:26:11 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

>
> Update:  Problem is solved and I have found the missing files after days of searching! Thanks so much to everyone who has offered their help along the way.
>
> Using your advice, I found the Plus.ini file and realised it was pointing to a different folder to the one that I had set up in the BDE when creating the database alias. So when I upgraded in 2013, I must have stopped using the BDE database and started using files directly in a folder. (Although how this works is beyond me when the same files reference the database alias I had created). So long story short, in preparation for moving to the new computer I had copied what I thought were the correct files (those which the BDE pointed to) across into another folder, thereby overwriting the actual latest files. I found all the intact latest files on an old backup, so happy days!! A bit of tweaking and it is all working again.
>
> Thanks again for all of your help everyone.
>

Never ever dump your old computer till your new one has all apps
functioning properly.

And importance of backups can never be over emphasised.

Regards
Akshat