Subject Re: Shared Memory Conflict
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 07:59:03 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2019-01-13 5:35 AM, Norman Snowden wrote:
> dBASE 11
> An existing .exe Form opens and immediately closes about 3 times before it will stay open for use. The same thing happens when the Form is run within the dBASE environment. This may be associated with automatic Windows 10 updates, but I think it may be caused by the Shared Memory Conflict of a new .exe version of the Form that I am trying to complete.
>
> The Project successfully Rebuilds with no Errors report. However, when I try to Execute the new version, the Errors: “Database Engine Initialization Error“ and “Shared Memory Conflict” occur.

  “Database Engine Initialization Error“ tells you it's a BDE error.

Run the BDE Administrator program.  For Windows 7 it should be in the
Control Panel.  For Windows 10 left-click on the Windows flag in the
bottom left corner of the screen and type BDE which will pop up a list
of possibilities.  Select BDE Administrator.

In the Configuration tab select System and then INIT

The LOCALSHARE option must be set TRUE

The SHAREDMEMORYLOCATION is probably empty which means the BDE will use
a default location.  Try setting this to 70000 or 7F00 and see if this
helps.

If it doesn't help please post a screenshot of the INIT page so we can
see what other values are set.

Mervyn.