Subject Re: Shared Memory Conflict
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2019 00:03:53 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started
Attachment(s) BDE admin settings.zip

On 13/01/2019 09:05, Norman Snowden wrote:
> dBASE 11
> An existing .exe Form opens and immediately closes about 3 times before it will stay open for use. The same thing happens when the Form is run within the dBASE environment. This may be associated with automatic Windows 10 updates, but I think it may be caused by the Shared Memory Conflict of a new .exe version of the Form that I am trying to complete.
>
> The Project successfully Rebuilds with no Errors report. However, when I try to Execute the new version, the Errors: “Database Engine Initialization Error“ and “Shared Memory Conflict” occur.
>
> Except for dBASE I don’t have any other Apps running that would require memory.
>
> I would certainly appreciate it if anyone might have a recommendation. Thanks,
>   Norman Snowden

The error I have received at times is Insufficient memory,followed by
Database Initilisation error when I try to Open more than 1 instance of
dBase or an app developed in dBase.

In your case have a look at the task manager listings. Maybe some
instance of dBase may be running in memory (but not visible on task bar)
when this error occurs

I am attaching help files for BDE settings.
You can have a look at the settings.

There could be some error there also

Regards
Akshat