Subject Re: Something interesting I found with regards to the BDE.
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Thu, 13 Dec 2018 08:20:52 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

I've noticed that too and its something to ignore.
At some time or another the files were copied and the timestamp altered
during the copy and then another installer was made with the new dates.
Even in Inno, if you don't tell it to maintain the original dates, the dates
change.
All you really need to be concerned about is the version numbers. As Ken
pointed out they don't always coincide with each other.
Most carry the external version of 5.2.02 but like the BDE Administrator
carries a internal version of 5.01 and blw32.dll has a external version of
3.0.0.5 and bantam.dll version of 1.0.0.8
I forget which one it is but one of them even reports a different version
number depending on if you are on a 32-bit or 64-bit Windows.
And depending on the OS version and which installer it may get installed
into different places in addition to differing dates.
If in doubt about a install being damaged, I just do a reinstall.
Rich...

"Dennis Guay"  wrote in message news:sEwedjtkUHA.1832@ip-AC1E04A7...

I have dBASE PLUS 2.6 (actually had to roll back to 2.5 cause of a mouse
bug) on my windows 7 32 bit starter on a netbook. When I look at the DLLs in
the BDE administrator (BDE version information) they are all version number
5.2.0.2 and dated 2003.

Now I go to my other machine which has dBASE PLUS 12.3.1 on windows 10 64
bit home PC. When I look at the DLLs in the BDE administrator (BDE version
information) they are all version number 5.2.0.2 but dated 2001.

So my question is, if these DLLs are all version 5.2.0.2 on both machines
then why are they showing two different dates?

Should I be worried about this?

Thanks in advance, Dennis.