Subject Re: Questions with regards to dBASE PLUS 12
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2018 21:31:51 -0800
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/11/2018 7:13 PM, Dennis Guay wrote:

> 1. When executing reports from my applications, the report viewer is now automatically
> minimized at the bottom of the screen. Never used to do this. Is there a way I
> can force these reports to open mazimized automatically? I don't see a maximize
> property in the Inspector.

This may be something in the plus.ini file, or in this case the .ini for
your application. You may want to take a look at that.

> 2. When I browse the c:\users\user\documents\dbase\plus 12\samples\ directory the
> Navigator cannot see any of the files inside there. This happens intermittently. One
> minute its there and the next minute its not. If I get desperate, I just copy the
> samples folder to my desktop for example and then it will work.

I have never seen this happen, but I don't tend to navigate to the
samples folder from the Navigator often. Some more details might be useful.

> 3. I wanted to add page numbers to my reports. In the help documentation it says
> to drag the PageNumber component from the Component palette's Custom page to the
> report page. Problem is, I don't see a Custom page. It says that this custom component
> is installed with the dBASE PLUS samples. So how exactly do I turn this Custom page
> on?

set procedure to :reportcontrols:report.cc

For whatever reason this is not automatically loading.

> 4. In one of my applications I use the Zseeker custom component. In order for it
> to work it must have the seeker.cc set in order for Zseeker.cc to work.
>
> So for example, the source would look like this:
>
> set procedure to seeker.cc additive
> set procedure to zseeker.cc additive
>
> The thing is, the set procedure to seeker.cc additive line of code always disappears
> when in form designer mode. And so the workaround is that I always have to manually
> retype in this one line of code whenever I make changes to the application or rebuild.
> Why does it do this?

Because there is no reference on the form to any control in seeker.cc.
The form designer is looking in the constructor code for anything that
might be referenced in that file. You should probably do something in
the form's onOpen or overridden open/readmodal event handler that opens
both files. That way there will be no confusion for the designer.

Hope that helps. You may want to look at my books (see below) and/or the
tutorial (also below) ...

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm