Subject Re: Programmatically Adding An Event
From Tom <IHaveNoEmail@ddress>
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2018 10:35:23 -0500
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Rich,

Did I ever mention my questions always seem to turn out MUCH more
complicated than they initially appear? Some people just have that knack
I guess.

On 12/10/18 9:13 AM, rich@autotraker.com wrote:
> Well, so much for those ideas. The onMouseMove, onMouseOut, and
> onMouseOver events don't fire while the mouse button is down.
> So they are out as far as determining when the mouse with the button
> down is no longer over the push button.
> So I added a routine to report back to the while down loop if the mouse
> is still over the control.
> Its works the closest I can come to duplicating the behavior of a spinbox.
> Really I'm not sure this is necessary as this isn't a spinbox. It’s a
> custom control. Be that as it may....
>
> Personally I think I would have gone with a real spinbox with 2
> entryfields superimposed over the top.
> I guess that's where you started before we got sidetracked into using
> API calls. Only doing it that way is like you mentioned earlier, while
> the spinbox is being used, you loose highlight of which entryfield is
> being modified.

This sounds vaguely familiar ... However, the result of the spinning is
clearly visible even though the control is not highlighted.

> Maybe using a color change of the highlighted entryfield onGotFocus and
> reaffirming the color while the spinbox is being used. I'm sure there is
> a non-API solution there somewhere.
> Maybe we should call this "How to make 2 pushbuttons act like a spinbox
> when you could have just used a spinbox". LOL
> Rich...

Thanks for your work. Will investigate further asap.
Tom