Subject Re: AutoDropNot
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Tue, 6 Nov 2018 14:46:51 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-11-06 2:29 PM, Tom wrote:

>> You are going to need a separate combobox for each entryfield.  I've
>
> This statement I do not understand. I was attempting to use the same
> combobox with appropriate list information for each/any entryfield that
> it overlies. The combobox need not be datalinked, just transfer
> entryfield value to combobox during onGotFocus and transfer user
> selection back to entryfield during onLostFocus. One combobox could be
> used with many entryfields. Better than my current method of popping up
> a window containing a listbox directly under/over selected entryfield in
> my opinion.

I didn't fully understand what you were doing.  If it works it's not
wrong. :-)

> Thank you for your work on the example. Illustrations help everyone
> understand what and how to achieve desired results.

My pleasure.  I'm a card carrying member of the "Monkey see, monkey do"
school of programming and a simple example can be worth pages of
explanation.

Back in the days when I was getting to grips with OODML I found little
working examples, especially those from Marko Mihorko (who I think lived
in Romania), invaluable.  I've tried to carry on Marko's good work where
I can.

Mervyn.