Subject Re: Results pane shows nothing
From Pieter van Heerden <psvh@mweb.co.za>
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2018 04:34:50 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Lee Grant Wrote:

> On 10/13/2018 2:51 AM, Pieter van Heerden wrote:
> > I have recently re-installed dBase 11 on my laptop (Windows 10) and have seen the following.
> >
> > Commands typed into the command window that should show a result in the result pane does not show anything.  Same for print output (?) command lines in an application.  Nothing is seen.  I have looked for a setup setting that could result in this, but have seen nothing.
> >
> > Did anyone have a similar experience, and how was it solved?
> >

> I ran into that same problem, after I also had a problem with seeing the
> dComplete text. After messing around for a bit, having the same
> "fragments" you describe of windows in the transparent area, I reached
> into the box and grabbed a window, played with the sliders and ..voila,
> the "white" screen reappeared. I suspect something is messing up, but it
> seems to return after messing with it a little..let me know if this
> helps. Reset "Command" window defaults may help too.
>
> Let us know if this works.....I did it by accident so it would be nice
> to have confirmation.
>
> Lee

Thanks Lee,
Moving the up-down slider "shifted" the the white windows pane into position, but still no joy.  Adding a resetting of the command windows defaults finally gave the required results - it worked!  It seems that the combination of getting the "white" results pane and the resetting of the command window defaults is required to fix this problem.