Subject Re: MEMORY
From <rich@autotraker.com> <<rich@autotraker.com>>
Date Mon, 8 Oct 2018 09:56:14 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Increase the amount of shared memory in the BDE.
Default for SHAREDMEMSIZE = 2048
I successfully have been using  8192 on almost all platforms.
Also you may want to increase MEMSIZE to 205
Do a search in the newsgroup for BDE settings, there are other settings that
can increase speed or usability of the BDE.
Hope this helps
Rich...

"CORNELIUS"  wrote in message news:RBJVnXpXUHA.1352@ip-AC1E04A7...

Hi there,

a customer computer started giving the following message when entering a
program:"Insufficient shared memory available". They reported this to me
after there IT person said to them it is not a computer fault but a program
fault. What can the problem be. I have reinstalled the program but the
problem remained there. Any suggestions please.
regards Pottie