Subject Re: ENTRYFIELD
From Mustansir Ghor <mustan31@hotmail.com>
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2018 17:48:54 +0300
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Dear Mervyn

There was issue with error that resulted from ENTRYFIELD, I am now
realising importance of question asked below by you. It can be the problem.

The error comes when first digit is entered. Later even after emptying
the entryfield and re entering first the digit the error does not
appear. If I enter first time a character the error does not appear
although the character is not accepted due to picture function

The ENTRYFIELD is

1. Entry field is on its own
2. It value property is assign as character
3. Enryfield expects digits
4. The error arises on entering the first character which happens to be
a digit.
5. Entryfield is not custom control
6. Entry fields is not datalinked
7. Entry field picture propery is set "99999"
8. Event handlers associated with this object  were put in this thread

Any further input on matter is appreciated.

Regards
Mustansir