Subject Re: Table level
From Mervyn Bick <invalid@invalid.invald>
Date Sun, 30 Sep 2018 06:55:04 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 2018-09-30 6:26 AM, Ken Mayer wrote:

> set autonullfields should affect everything, not just XDML. This is a
> global command, and affects OODML as well as XDML. The nice feature with
> this is you can use:
>
> set autonullfields off
>
> And then for a rowset where you want nulls:
>
> rMyRowset.autoNullFields := true
>
> And it will override, for just that one rowset, the global setting.

While we're talking of autonullfields, setting AUTONULLFIELDS OFF does
not affect date and timestamp fields.  These fields still contain null
values if they are left blank when a record is appended.

This is covered in the help file by omission rather than specifically.
The help file specifically says what happens with character, numeric and
logical fields and ignores the other field types.

Memo, OLE and Binary fields are never set to null when a record is
appended irrespective of the setting of AUTONULLFIELDS.

Autoinc fields can, of course, never contain null.

Mervyn.