Subject Re: solved DataModule issue
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Wed, 19 Sep 2018 06:19:51 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 18/09/2018 15:08, edward racht wrote:
> Mervyn and Tim,
>
>> The DMD does not respond to the "distinct" request in the canGetRow.
>> It lists both the O and R values.
distinct is a keyword for sql and not for canGetRow. So dbase will not
recognise it. Whereas data engine will certainly recognise it if placed
as a part of sql.

>> Using the dmd for the "distinct O" loads both the O and the R values.
>

>        canGetRow = {||not empty( this.fields[ "CE" ].value ) AND ;
>                       upper( this.fields[ "ORP" ].value ) == upper( "O" ) AND ;
>                       empty( this.fields[ "OW" ].value )}
>
> This code works for querying on a distinct "O" value in a dmd.
>
> ed

Hello Ed,
Just a word of warning if and only if the number of rows in the table
are greater than 10k.

using cangetrow to filter out just few rows will be hell of a task for
data engine. With SQL you can achieve the same task in a much faster way.

Wait for a few days and then think over it again. Right now you will
only find the current solution workable.

Waiting for a few days works great for me and then AT TIMES I tend to
appreciate other alternatives posted in the newsgroup to be better.

Regards
Akshat