Subject Re: Checkboxes in grid column
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 10:00:51 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/18/2018 9:11 AM, Kinsley wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This is probably a simple issue that's been asked previously (I can't find it in the forum), but essentially I am wanting to add a tickbox in the first column of a grid so that I can allow my users to select rows/records from the grid to then run tasks on i.e. send an email to each email address selected.
>
> Can anyone give me a clue how this is done as I am having trouble working it out with the help files I am finding.

Columns in a grid require a field. However, you can add a custom field
object to your rowset, or if you have a logical field called, for
example "selected", you can just use that. If this is something you're
going to do often, you might find that a simple fix. You would have to
perhaps empty it out before opening the form with the grid:

update MyTable set selected=false

In the grid, you have to select the columns to display to have some
control over them, once you do that, if the field is logical, then the
designer will automatically set it as a checkbox.

dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm