Subject Re: DataModule and Distinct
From edward racht <e.racht@gmail.com>
Date Tue, 18 Sep 2018 03:24:45 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Mervyn,

> select distinct opr from pnog
> browse

I ran this and the table loads with the "OPR" occupied either with 'O' or 'R' - no blanks

The field has two values O or R

I query on either O (original)
or R (reproduction)

The DMD does not respond to the "distinct" request in the canGetRow.
It lists both the O and R values.

Interesting - I run the report form for the R query - which is in the original coding using the database.

It only loaded the R value which means it works.

Using the dmd for the "distinct O" loads both the O and the R values.

I included the code in the previous reply.

ed

ps a side note
dBASE gets tired of my testing and goes into "Memory Access Denied ....." or some other complaint then goes to sleep.

I suddenly realized that is what happens to me say around mid afternoon.