Subject Re: basic hello world program for web
From Ken Mayer <dbase@nospam.goldenstag.net>
Date Thu, 13 Sep 2018 14:40:33 -0700
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 9/13/2018 2:10 PM, Richard Kuzma wrote:
> hello everyone, i got the apache web server  downloaded and installed and am sure it is configured properly because i get the page from apache saying so. I got a ken's humor demo program and tried to get it running but it loads the first page and then when i click on something it just downloads the exe that is called and never does anything when i run it. My question is can someone direct me to a very, very basisic web app that simply says hello world so i can tryit and get the foundatin of things first. thanks so much, Rich, the blind programmer once again.

I wouldn't rely on my "humor" routines, those are old and I am sure
things have changed a bit ... I can't even remember what-all I did with
that thing. (Among other things, you probably have to re-compile it
under the current version of dBASE that you're using.)

I haven't done much with web apps in a long time. However, have you gone
here:

http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/dBConPaper/IntroToWebApps.htm

This is a paper from a few years ago, but it may help get you started ...

Ken

--
*Ken Mayer*
dBASE Tutorial: http://www.goldenstag.net/dbase/Tutorial/00_Preface.htm