Subject Re: where to download install file for apache server for win 7 32 bit version
From Ronnie MacGregor <No_Sp@m.Thanks>
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 21:16:44 +0100
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

In article <DFSCZipSUHA.904@ip-AC1E04A7>, rich@autotraker.com says...

> There is also Wamp which is similar and some people prefer.

I use WAMPserver probably because it is easier to stick to what you know.

WAMPserver is very easy to use on a single (combined client/server) machine
using all of the defaults, but if you are using it on a file server with the
data held on a RAID array and a lot of non default stuff, then you have to be
prepared for a lot of manual configuration changes to get it all to work.

Some people have reported that it is easier to get off the ground with XXAMP,
but unless someone has actually used both then who would know.

I would read up a bit on both, make a choice, and give it a go.

If you run aground on specific issues with either you will probably find help
here.

--
Ronnie MacGregor
Scotland