Subject Re: indexes gone
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Wed, 12 Sep 2018 19:58:33 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 12/09/2018 06:09, Charlie wrote:
> Ok I was using copy table which didn't work.  I just now tried rename table.  That does the same thing.  So I will look at createreindex... Wow this is much more complicated than I ever though it would be.  Nice if someone could just write one program that updates tables.... Unfortunately in my haste to write this project I did not write down exactly what the indexes were which is coming back to haunt me!!!!  Thanks for your help again!

I had learnt this the hard way back in the dos/windows 3.11 days when
indexes would corrupt easily in case of system crash / power failure.

At times I would have a look at the seek expression to determine the
index expression would have been.

Since then I have always maintained a program to recreate indexes.
Fortunately you have duflp to your aid and so not much labour will be
required. Just create the program as Mervyn has advised and maintain it
in future.

Just give it a try. It is easier than you think.

Similarly always maintain table structure in case a table is corrupted
or has to be recreated
Regards
Akshat