Subject Re: Posting Etiquette
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2018 18:07:24 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Rich,

> Because this isn't UseNet and we don't have a set of rules governing how
> we post, anything that doesn't annoy other users should be allowed.

I don't care if this is UseNet or not, my point is: Simply put your
reply directly below the part of the post you are refering to and delete
all the rest of the post you don't reply to.
This way it's very easy for other readers to follow, no need to wade
through endless unrelated lines of text or code sample, just clear and
short.

> I'd rather have top posts than have to wade though endless dribble from

So why then you don't delete the unrelated stuff, but leave it - the
thing you find unpleasant for yourself - to others: to go hunting for
the part of the post you refer to? If they find it interesting and want
to read it as a whole - from top to bottom but finding the anwser first,
and one has to go on a search for the question? Not too nice, I think.
Just my thoughts.

Nevertheless, I'd really like to say how much I appreciate your posts
for their valuable content! Even if I didn't have a particular issue
recently, I do admire your knowlegde!

Kind regards, Heinz