Subject Re: Posting Etiquette
From Heinz Kesting <Nobody@Nowhere.com>
Date Sat, 18 Aug 2018 17:44:49 +0200
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

Hi Andy,

> I would like to suggest to all that for ease of reading threads please either:
>
> A) post your reply to a thread at the top of your post,
> or
> B) post your reply to the bottom of a post and remove anything in the original post that is not relevant to your reply.
>
> Method a) is particularly suitable for quick points to be added to a discussion.
> Method b) is particularly suitable for multiple points to be responded to within one reply.

Why make it that complicated? Simply put your reply / comment / answer
directly below the section it refers to, and deleting anything your
reply doesn't deal with - always and independent from adding just a
quick point, or giving a lengthy answer or replying to several sections?

That's the way I'd find it best.

The tree structure in news readers like Thunderbird is very clear in
displaying the relations of posts, so there's no need to re-post
unrelated lines of text, sometimes hundreds of lines of sample code
again and again, while the point of the current post does not refer to
that code example?

Kind regards, Heinz