Subject Posting Etiquette
From Andy Taylor <andy.taylor@cloud15.uk>
Date Fri, 17 Aug 2018 03:59:37 -0400
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

This is a new thread because I don't like thread drift.
To see the original discussion see the thread "Delete (all) in a form".

I would like to suggest to all that for ease of reading threads please either:

A) post your reply to a thread at the top of your post,
or
B) post your reply to the bottom of a post and remove anything in the original post that is not relevant to your reply.

Method a) is particularly suitable for quick points to be added to a discussion.
Method b) is particularly suitable for multiple points to be responded to within one reply.

In my view always posting at the bottom of a thread and not deleting irrelevant material just leads to thread bloat and should be avoided.  I would therefore normally post at the top of a thread unless I am responding to multiple points.

Anyone who wishes to please discuss, particularly if you prefer the convention of replies at the bottom of threads.

Andy :-)