Subject Re: Updating buffer info to database file
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Fri, 10 Aug 2018 20:03:19 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

> Akshat, I do believe that the BDE setting has done the trick. I am now trimming my code to exclude some fluff created while trying all the avenues, eg "form.rowset.parent.database.ApplyUpdates", "commit", "flush" etc.
> The file server now picks up the amended value, as does the terminal on the other end of the counter, as well as the values shown in the back office database. The refresh option in the Desktop Properties updates the database without having to close and then re open.
> Thanks guys, hope I have also asked some other guys questions.

One thing more to check in this stage is the speed of access from remote
computer when read and write is being done from both locations at the
same time.

I found that the access slows down as the size of tables increases.
With upto a 1000 rows the speed difference is negligible. But with 5k
records the speed difference begins to show.

And becomes more noticeable when the number of rows altered/added by the
remote terminal increases.

Anticipate the max rows your table will be holding and then check after
inserting some dummy rows if required.

Regards
Akshat