Subject Re: Windows Server 2016 Essentials with dBase
From Akshat Kapoor <akshat.kapoor@kapoorsons.in>
Date Tue, 17 Jul 2018 19:22:37 +0530
Newsgroups dbase.getting-started

On 17/07/2018 15:07, Pieter Pretorius wrote:
> I am about to install a Windows Server 2016 machine at a site where
> there will be 10 to 15 local workstations. All the workstations will be
> accessing dbf tables with a mapped drive to the server.

What will be the nature of access. I have used dbf tables on a network
with both machines running windows 10.

Till the data was just readonly all the connections worked fine. But
once write was also used then requery() etc all slowed down till all the
apps were shutdown and restarted.

I subsequently switched to ADO and now all workstations work at a fast rate.

I have never used any windows server edition hence cannot say if my
situation will be repeated or not.

Hence hope for the best and be prepared for the worst.

Regards
Akshat